SAN MATEO – GoPro, Inc. today announced the new GoPro Player + ReelSteady application – a powerful, yet easy-to-use desktop app with professional-level stabilization and 360 content tools for creators – all in one post-production package.
GoPro Player + ReelSteady brings the power of ReelSteady’s Emmy® Award-winning stabilization to GoPro Player’s capable arsenal of 360-focused tools. Traditional and 360 video creators can expect a seamless transformation of their content – whether applying ReelSteady stabilization to inherently shaky FPV video or quickly reframing and exporting 360 MAX footage to share on social media.
“GoPro Player + ReelSteady delivers the tools some of our most creative customers – like FPV and 360 enthusiasts – need to quickly and seamlessly do what they do best…create mind-melting content,” said GoPro founder and CEO, Nicholas Woodman. “GoPro is committed to developing a robust desktop product experience, and bringing the power of ReelSteady advanced video stabilization to the GoPro Player desktop app is a natural next-step to super-serve our most passionate content creators.”
GoPro Player + ReelSteady features include:
- New ReelSteady Stabilization Tool with Real Time Playback: Apply Emmy® Award-Winning stabilization to create the smoothest, silkiest footage ever with the ability to view the full-quality stabilized shot as soon as your video loads; ReelSteady is now compatible with most shooting modes, including HyperSmooth
- New Lens Correction: Remove wide-angle lens curvature using ReelSteady Stabilization to polish and perfect videos
- New Batch Export: Queue hundreds of files and save time and energy by letting batch export do the rest – now with the ability to save presets and apply different settings to each export
- Reframe: Transform 360 MAX content into cinematic videos and immersive photos with the click of a keyframe using the popular Reframe tool
- Player: Continue to view a wide variety of video and photo formats – including MAX content – right in the player, then export .mp4 files compatible with post-production software or share directly to social media
- Frame Grab: Capture stunning full-resolution photos from any 360 or traditional video, with the click of a button
- Trim: Trim with frame-by-frame accuracy to keep only the parts you want in your videos
A $99.99 one-time in-app purchase is required to unlock access to premium features including ReelSteady and Lens Correction. Current ReelSteady GO customers can use their existing activation key to redeem a free upgrade to the new GoPro Player + ReelSteady.
GoPro Player + ReelStead is available today for Mac and Windows.